We are experiencing a time of unprecedented challenge and uncertainty across Australia due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This pandemic continues to impact our communities and those we care about; and it may do so for some time to come.
Whilst the impact of Coronavirus (COVID -19) is widespread, Ability Care is continuing to operate and taking all possible steps to reduce the risk of infection to our consumers and staff.
Our priorities during this time are:
- To maintain services to those who engage us, so that vulnerable Australians continue to receive the essential support they need in their daily lives.
- To act responsibly to protect the health and safety of our consumers and staff – and in turn, their families and communities.
To achieve our priorities, we have made some important changes to our services and the way we provide support including:
- Temporarily pausing some community based and high-risk activities;
- Restricting all non-essential visitors to our sites;
- Implementing rigorous hygiene measures across all service delivery including extra cleaning precautions, increased use of personal protective equipment and social distancing measures;
- Reducing the number of staff in contact with any one consumer; and
- Working with consumers to reassign support to essential activities needed during this time.
We have also chosen to temporarily restrict entry by the public, visitors and consumers to some of our sites, including our head office. Head office is now being used as a central delivery and dispatch centre for supplies, and Personal Protective Equipment, to again limit the risk of transmission of infection across multiple locations and communities.
We will continue to adapt our services and our support to consumers as the health crisis continues. Any action taken will be in line with the recommendations and requirements issued by the state of Queensland and the federal Government.
In these difficult times, it has become clear that this is not a crisis that we can get through alone. Ability Care is here to help. We remain open, and you can speak to one of our Customer Service team via phone on: 1300 674 626, or contact us on our website: https://abc.csg.ngo/contact-us/
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the support of Ability Care as we go forward together during this challenging time. We understand that any actions we take have an impact on the people we care for and care about, as well as our local communities, local businesses and those who live and work around us.
We encourage everyone to remain safe during this time, practise good hygiene and frequent hand washing, and to care about each other – even if from a distance.